Elijah Peacock moved from England to Chicago in 1837 and engaged in his trade of jewelry and watch repair, a calling that had already descended through three generations, following the English custom, and which his son Charles (C.D.), who was born in 1838, would eventually inherit.
The House of Peacock first opened its doors on February 9, 1837, the same year Chicago (population 4,000) was incorporated as a city. According to one historian, the opening of the city’s first retail jewelry establishment in the small frame building on Lake Street marks Chicago’s passing “from semi-savage conditions to civilization and refinement.”
The oldest guild jeweler in the Chicago area, C.D.Peacock’s tradition of commitment to quality and service continues today.
Oak Brook Center - (630) 571-5355
Old Orchard in Skokie - (847) 679-1837
Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg - (847) 619-6560
10% OFF TOTAL COST*
*NOT INCLUDING LUXURY WATCHES